Pages

Friday 18 January 2019

I miss you



I missed Hector tonight – that retriever I saw, with his perky ears and excited scramble... he looked like Hector, but didn't behave like him. When he sat down, his silhouette reminded me of Hector at the dinner table. And when his owner turned him around and they walked off, I remember admiring Hector's butt as he trotted off to the kitchen.

Operation World interview today; temperament, guidance, difficulty as a leader, the breadth of perspective... Is that a possibility?

He spoke of the "both-and", I thought about the power of understanding those simple words; I haven't learnt the power of it, I haven't learnt the secrecy and joy of prayer.

And that ten year thing.

Good and bad.
All at once.
Remind me, Lord.
How much more. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment